Alexander Falck Class of 1899 Professor of Art
M.A. Hunter College City University of New York, Art
Glier, Mike, Meander, Because You Can’t See Much While Marching: Mike Glier a 35 Year Survey, with Essays by David Breslin, Thomas Crow, and Lucy Lippard, with interview by Elizabeth Greenberg, Opalka Gallery, The Sage Colleges, Albany, NY, 2014.
Glier, Mike, Along a Long Line, Hard Press Editions, Lenox, MA, 2009.
Glier, Mike, Garden Court, (with contributions from Laylah Ali, Doug Ashford, Jane Dickson, Anne Hamilton, Jenny Holzer, Sol LeWitt, Lucy R. Lippard, Roland Merulo, Kiki Smith, Lynn Tillman, and others) Temple University, Tyler School of Art, 1995.
Glier, Mike, The Alphabet of Lili, The Drawing Center, New York, 1995.
Glier, Mike, Satisfaction, Hallwalls Contemporary Art Center, Buffalo, NY, and The San Jose Museum of Art, 1988.
· “Meander, Because You Can’t See Much While Marching: Mike Glier, A 35 Year Survey”, Opalka Gallery, The Sage Colleges, Albany, NY. Catalog, October to December, 2014. Travels to: Richmond Center for the Visual Arts, Western Michigan University, Kalamzoo, MI. February-March 2016.
· “Glenorchy”, Gerald Peters Gallery, Santa Fe, NM, e-Catalog, June 6 to July 5, 2014
· “Antipodes: New Zealand”, Barbara Krakow Gallery, Boston, MA, 2012
· “With All the Holes in You Already There’s No Reason to Consider the Outside Environment as Alien”, February 28 to March 28; Gerald Peters Gallery, NY, NY, e-Catalog, 2012
· “Antipodes: Botswana and Hawaii”. Gerald Peters Gallery, Santa Fe, NM. Catalog, 2011
· “Along a Long Line”, Gerald Peters Gallery, New York. Book, September 2009
· “Along a Long Line”, Williams College Museum of Art, October to February 2009
· “Backyard” Cambridge Arts Council Gallery, Cambridge, MA, 2004
· “Garden Court”, PPOW Gallery, New York, 1997
· Garden Court”, Tyler Galleries, Tyler School of Art, Elkins Park, Pa, Catalog November- December 1995; Cincinnati Contemporary Art Center, May 1 to June 30 1996; Williams College Museum of Art, September – December 1996; John Michael Kohler Arts Center, Sheboygan, WI, February 4 – April 28, 1996; Ulrich Museum of Art, Wichita State University, April 13 – June 22, 1997; Emily Davis Gallery, University of Akron, Akron, Ohio Sept. 1997; North Dakota Museum of Art, Grand Forks, ND, November 1997
· “Garden Court,” Josh Baer Gallery, New York, January – February 1994
· “Mike Glier,” Pennsylvania Academy of the Fine Arts, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, August 7 – September 27, 1992
· “Alphabet of Lili”, The Drawing Center, New York; Travels to: Santa Monica Museum of Art, California; North Dakota Museum of Art, Grand Forks; University Gallery, University of Massachusetts at Amherst; Wexner Center for the Arts, Ohio State University, Columbus; Ringling School of Art and Design, Sarasota, Florida; University of Alabama, Tuscaloosa. Catalog, April 10-May 16, 1992
· “Satisfaction”, Barbara Gladstone Gallery, June 3-30, 1989
· “Mike Glier: Recent Drawings,” San Jose Museum of Art, San Jose, California, April 8-· “Green: Wall Drawings by Mike Glier,” Wave Hill, Bronx, New York, May 16-December 31, 1989. Brochure, 1989
· “Mike Glier: Ten Years,” Hallwalls, Buffalo, New York, September 16-October 28. Artist Book,Satisfaction, published in collaboration with San Jose Museum of Art, 1988
· “Projects: Mike Glier,” The Museum of Modern Art, New York, May 9-June 19, Installation. Brochure, 1987
· “Witness” Barbara Gladstone Gallery, New York, NY, 1985
· “Mike Glier”, Rhona Hoffman Gallery, Chicago, 1984
· “Training for Leisure: A Public Display of Collapsed Desire Designed for the Next World’s Fair,” The Kitchen, New York. Installation, 1980
- Honor and Discipline Committee
Mt. Duval (comedy on the arctic circle) http://www.alongalongline.com/mount-duval
Failure (the story of a painting gone wrong) http://www.alongalongline.com/failure
Casa y Jardin (a visit to a home in the Ecuadorian Rain Forest) http://www.alongalongline.com/casa-y-jardin
Flesh and Blood on 14th St. (a walk in New York City) http://www.alongalongline.com/flesh-and-blood-on-14th-st
Walls and Gates, (architecture in Botswana) http://www.antipodes.us/walls-and-gates
Heebie-Jeebies (human sacrifice in Hawaii), http://www.antipodes.us/heebie-jeebies
Edge (walking the Routeburn Track in New Zealand), http://www.antipodes.us/edge