Alexander Falck Class of 1899 Professor of Art
M.A. Hunter College City University of New York, Art
ARTS 230 STUDrawing II (not offered 2022/23)
ARTS 241 STUIntroduction to Acrylic Painting: Five Modern Painters (not offered 2022/23)
Glier, Mike, Meander, Because You Can’t See Much While Marching: Mike Glier a 35 Year Survey, with Essays by David Breslin, Thomas Crow, and Lucy Lippard, with interview by Elizabeth Greenberg, Opalka Gallery, The Sage Colleges, Albany, NY, 2014.
Glier, Mike, Along a Long Line, Hard Press Editions, Lenox, MA, 2009.
Glier, Mike, Garden Court, (with contributions from Laylah Ali, Doug Ashford, Jane Dickson, Anne Hamilton, Jenny Holzer, Sol LeWitt, Lucy R. Lippard, Roland Merulo, Kiki Smith, Lynn Tillman, and others) Temple University, Tyler School of Art, 1995.
Glier, Mike, The Alphabet of Lili, The Drawing Center, New York, 1995.
Glier, Mike, Satisfaction, Hallwalls Contemporary Art Center, Buffalo, NY, and The San Jose Museum of Art, 1988.
· “Meander, Because You Can’t See Much While Marching: Mike Glier, A 35 Year Survey”, Opalka Gallery, The Sage Colleges, Albany, NY. Catalog, October to December, 2014. Travels to: Richmond Center for the Visual Arts, Western Michigan University, Kalamzoo, MI. February-March 2016.
· “Glenorchy”, Gerald Peters Gallery, Santa Fe, NM, e-Catalog, June 6 to July 5, 2014
· “Antipodes: New Zealand”, Barbara Krakow Gallery, Boston, MA, 2012
· “With All the Holes in You Already There’s No Reason to Consider the Outside Environment as Alien”, February 28 to March 28; Gerald Peters Gallery, NY, NY, e-Catalog, 2012
· “Antipodes: Botswana and Hawaii”. Gerald Peters Gallery, Santa Fe, NM. Catalog, 2011
· “Along a Long Line”, Gerald Peters Gallery, New York. Book, September 2009
· “Along a Long Line”, Williams College Museum of Art, October to February 2009
· “Backyard” Cambridge Arts Council Gallery, Cambridge, MA, 2004
· “Garden Court”, PPOW Gallery, New York, 1997
· Garden Court”, Tyler Galleries, Tyler School of Art, Elkins Park, Pa, Catalog November- December 1995; Cincinnati Contemporary Art Center, May 1 to June 30 1996; Williams College Museum of Art, September – December 1996; John Michael Kohler Arts Center, Sheboygan, WI, February 4 – April 28, 1996; Ulrich Museum of Art, Wichita State University, April 13 – June 22, 1997; Emily Davis Gallery, University of Akron, Akron, Ohio Sept. 1997; North Dakota Museum of Art, Grand Forks, ND, November 1997
· “Garden Court,” Josh Baer Gallery, New York, January – February 1994
· “Mike Glier,” Pennsylvania Academy of the Fine Arts, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, August 7 – September 27, 1992
· “Alphabet of Lili”, The Drawing Center, New York; Travels to: Santa Monica Museum of Art, California; North Dakota Museum of Art, Grand Forks; University Gallery, University of Massachusetts at Amherst; Wexner Center for the Arts, Ohio State University, Columbus; Ringling School of Art and Design, Sarasota, Florida; University of Alabama, Tuscaloosa. Catalog, April 10-May 16, 1992
· “Satisfaction”, Barbara Gladstone Gallery, June 3-30, 1989
· “Mike Glier: Recent Drawings,” San Jose Museum of Art, San Jose, California, April 8-· “Green: Wall Drawings by Mike Glier,” Wave Hill, Bronx, New York, May 16-December 31, 1989. Brochure, 1989
· “Mike Glier: Ten Years,” Hallwalls, Buffalo, New York, September 16-October 28. Artist Book,Satisfaction, published in collaboration with San Jose Museum of Art, 1988
· “Projects: Mike Glier,” The Museum of Modern Art, New York, May 9-June 19, Installation. Brochure, 1987
· “Witness” Barbara Gladstone Gallery, New York, NY, 1985
· “Mike Glier”, Rhona Hoffman Gallery, Chicago, 1984
· “Training for Leisure: A Public Display of Collapsed Desire Designed for the Next World’s Fair,” The Kitchen, New York. Installation, 1980
Awards, Fellowships & Grants
2019 Artist in Residence, Hauser and Wirth Gallery, Somerset, UK
2018 Herekeke Artist Residency, Lama, New Mexico
2017, Artist in Residence, Hauser and Wirth Gallery, Somerset, UK.
2011, Fellow, Blue Mountain Center, Blue Mountain Lake, NY
2011, Faculty World Fellowship, Williams College, Williamstown, MA
2007, Faculty World Fellowship, Williams College, Williamstown, MA
2005, New England Museum Association: First place in book category for Travel Light
2004, Americans for the Arts, Public Art Network, Year in Review selection
2004, Art in America Magazine, Public Art Year in Review Selection
2004, Fellow, Liguria Study Center for the Arts and Humanities, Bogliosco, Italy
2000, Resident artist, Dorland Mountain Artist Colony, Temecula, CA
1996, Fellow, painting, John Simon Guggenheim Memorial Foundation
1989, Recipient, Awards in the Visual Arts 9
1981, National Endowment for the Arts Fellowship, Drawing
1976, Berkshire Museum Traveling Fellowship, Pittsfield, Massachusetts
1976, Royal Society of the Arts Award, London